Monday, April 5, 2010

Gymnastics

Currently we are in the middle of our gymnastics unit. Gymnastics improves our flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, balance, and coordination. We worked on tumbling skills for two weeks and now students are putting these skills into action. K-2 classes are using these skills to navigate various obstacle courses. 3-5 students are creating their own gymnastics routines in small groups and presenting them to the class.

“Gymnastics has helped me so much, how to be dedicated to something, how to work hard to achieve your goals, also to be organized, and how to try and balance my life out. I think it's helped me in school too, because it's kept me organized and I'm always striving for a goal.”
               
                  ~ Shannon Miller, most decorated gymnast in U.S. history and currently a lawyer



2 comments:

  1. Insightful quote from Shannon Miller ... next time I feel disorganized, I think I'll try a backhandspring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an amazing quote!I agree with Ms. Palefsky

    ReplyDelete